Pawning sentence example
- Then the pope resorted to pawning palace furniture, table plate, jewels, even statues of the apostles.
- was established, and whose works were popular - such an author as Thomson, whose Seasons was in every library, such an author as Fielding, whose Pasquin had had a greater run than any drama since The Beggar's Opera - was sometimes glad to obtain, by pawning his best coat, the means of dining on tripe at a cookshop underground, where he could wipe his hands, after his greasy meal, on the back of a Newfoundland dog.
- The efforts of the administration to better the condition of the natives without undue interference with customary law met with encouraging results, and the submission of the Aros to the government in 1902 brought to an end the system of tribal warfare for the purpose of making slaves, while the enforcement of a proclamation of 1901 prohibiting the buying, pawning or selling of slaves had a salutary effect.
- Pawning, Las Vegas style, is the catch behind The History Channel reality show, Pawn Stars.
- Instead of pawning an item, customers can also sell them to the pawn shop for resale.Advertisement