Paul i sentence example
- bis zum Tode Peters des Grossen (Gotha, 1896); Gaston Crehange, Histoire de la Russie depuis la mort de Paul I.
- Bonaparte meanwhile, by dexterous behaviour to Paul I.
- 160, we have this symbolism enshrined in a literary form: " In company with Paul I followed, while everywhere Faith led the way, and set before me the fish from the fountain, mighty and stainless, whom a pure virgin grasped, and gave this to friends to eat always, having good wine and giving the mixt cup with bread."
- Friedrich's theory that the Constitutum is a composite document, part written in the 7th century, part added by Paul I.
- The collar is composed of three members alternately, the imperial eagle bearing on a red medallion a figure of St George slaying the Dragon, the badge of the grand duchy of Moskow, the cipher of the emperor Paul I.Advertisement
- PAUL I.
- Waliszewski, Autour d'un trone (Paris, 1894), or the English translation, The Story of a Throne (London, 1895), and P. Morane, Paul I.
- In April 1796 he joined Conde's army on the German frontier, but was shortly requested to leave the country, and accepted the hospitality of the duke of Brunswick at Blanckenberg till 1797, when, this refuge being no longer open to him, the emperor Paul I.
- [NIKOLAI PAVLOVICH], emperor of Russia (1796-1855), eighth child of the emperor Paul I.
- Chance forms the characters of the rulers of France, who submit to him; chance forms the character of Paul I of Russia who recognizes his government; chance contrives a plot against him which not only fails to harm him but confirms his power.Advertisement