Patronal sentence example
- No one found anything objectionable in this; investiture with a bishopric was parallel with the appointment by a territorial proprietor to a patronal church.
- Somewhat later it disappeared also in the case of the churches of less importance, patronal rights over these being substituted for the former absolute ownership. The pontificate of Alexander III.
- patronal festival in a number of unique ways over the last 75 years.
- patronal feast.
- patronal family, the Lacys.Advertisement
- patronal rights was Henry VIII's first consort, Catherine of Aragon.
- patronal saints as revealed at visitation, Brown, Popular Piety, p69 (1394 ).
- The generous and enlightened policy of the imperial administration asked nothing of the people of Gaul but military service and the payment of the tax; in return it freed individuals from patronal domination, the people from oligarchic greed or Druidic excommunication, and every one in general from material anxiety.