Patrology sentence example
- The abbe Migne carried his Latin patrology down to the time of Innocent III.
- 1216), and his Greek patrology to the fall of Constantinople (1453); but, while this large extension of the field is much to the advantage of his readers, it undoubtedly stretches the meaning of patrologia far beyond its natural limits.
- and in the case of a writer like Tertullian who left the Church in middle life, are we to admit certain of his works into our patrology and refuse a place to others ?
- It is clear that in the circumstances the terms "father," "patristic," "patrology" must be used with much elasticity, since it is now too late to substitute for them any more comprehensive terms.
- By far the most noteworthy is the Patrology, which was superintended by the learned Benedictine J.Advertisement
- He was a pioneer in the fields of patrology and of biblical archaeology.
- Bardenhewer, Patrology (Eng.
- He was the compiler of an immense Patrology, Histoire generale des auteurs sacres et ecclesiastiques (23 vols., Paris, 1729-1763), being a history and analysis of the writings of all the ecclesiastical writers of the first thirteen centuries.
- The Greek patrology contains, however, besides the text, a Latin translation, and in both patrologies there is much editorial matter.