Patrimonial sentence example
- Up to 1861, the date of the emancipation, the peasant serfs had been under the patrimonial jurisdiction of their lords.
- On the breaking up of the gardes du corps Biran retired to his patrimonial inheritance of Grateloup, near Bergerac, where his retired life preserved him from the horrors of the Revolution.
- In February, however,Bolivar formally resigned the presidency of the republic,at the same time expressing a determination to refute the imputations of ambition which had been so freely cast upon him, by retiring into private life, and spending the remainder of his days on his patrimonial estate.
- Serfdom was abolished in 1807; but the liberated peasants received no allotments of land, and the old patrimonial jurisdictions were retained.
- But no Eastern state advanced beyond the condition generally characterized as the " patrimonial," - i.e.Advertisement
- by the statement that the kingdoms which succeeded the Roman Empire were organized on the patrimonial basis (i.e.
- Having added largely to his patrimonial possessions he became very powerful, and in 1416 the German king Sigismund erected Savoy into a duchy; after this elevation Amadeus added Piedmont to his dominions.
- three-quarters of the population of Russia) form a class apart, 4 largely excepted from the incidence of the ordinary law, and governed in accordance with their local customs. The mir itself, with its customs, is of immemorial antiquity (see Village Communities); it was not, however, till the emancipation of the serfs in 1861 that the village community was withdrawn from the patrimonial jurisdiction of the landowning nobility and endowed with self-government.
- This estate ' marched ' or was intermingled with Sir Michael's own patrimonial estate in the barony of Clanawley.