Patri- sentence example
- The Lesser Doxology, or Gloria Patri, combines the character of a creed with that of a hymn.
- The scattered communities of the Uniat Armenian Church in Russia are subordinate to Latin vicars apostolic. The Uniat Armenian Church in the Caucasus, however, is under the jurisdiction of the patri archate of Cilicia.
- The first, De Sancta Trinitate, is addressed to Symmachus (Domino Patri Symmacho), and the result of the short discussion, which is of an abstract nature, and deals partly with the ten categories, is that unity is predicated absolutely, or, in regard to the substance of the Deity, trinity is predicated relatively.
- 14, and the form of the Lesser Doxology, or Gloria Patri, having been in all probability first suggested by Matt.
- In the Western Church the Gloria Patri is repeated at the close of every psalm, in the Eastern Church at the close of the last psalm.Advertisement