Pathologic sentence example
- trophic unit becomes activated to drive pathologic remodeling and smooth muscle proliferation through complex cytokine interactions.
- Pathologic examination revealed transitional cell carcinoma located in the distal and mid portion of the penile urethra.
- Medical science further owes to him the classification of new growths on a natural histological basis, the elucidation of leucaemia, glioma and lardaceous tumours, and detailed investigations into many diseases - tuberculosis, pyaemia, diphtheria, leprosy, typhus, &c. Among the books he published on pathological and medical subjects may be mentioned Vorlesungen fiber Pathologic, the first volume of which was the Cellular-pathologic (1858), and the remaining three Die Krankhaften Geschwiilste (1863-67); Handbuch der speziellen Pathologic and Therapie (3 vols., 1854-62), in collaboration with other German surgeons; Gesammelte Abhandlungen zur wissenschaftlichen Medizin (1856); Vier Reden fiber Leben and Kranksein (1862); Untersuchungen fiber die Entwicklung des Schlidelgrundes (1857); Lehre von den Trichinen (1865); Ueber den Hunger-typhus (1868); and Gesammelte Abhandlungen aus dem Gebiete der afentlichen Medizin and der Seuchenlehre (1879).
- An epithelial-mesenchymal trophic unit becomes activated to drive pathologic remodeling and smooth muscle proliferation through complex cytokine interactions.
- These conditions, called pathologic heart murmurs, may indicate the presence of a serious heart defect, especially when accompanied by other signs and symptoms of a heart problem such as shortness of breath, rapid heartbeats, or fainting.Advertisement
- Congenital cardiovascular defects that may cause pathologic heart murmurs affect 36,000 infants (about nine of every 1,000 infants or 1 percent of live births) annually in the United States.
- Pathologic heart murmurs are caused by structural abnormalities of the heart.
- Heart valve disease is the most common cause of pathologic heart murmurs.
- An echocardiogram, or echo (cardiac ultrasound) may be used to distinguish an innocent murmur from a pathologic one.
- A bilirubin level of 12 mg/dL may be pathologic in an infant younger than 48 hours but is benign in an infant older than 72 hours.Advertisement
- "Cat-Scratch Disease: Historic, Clinical, and Pathologic Perspectives."