Paternoster sentence example
- Believing in one God, they contented themselves with the Decalogue and the Paternoster.
- W. H. Hayden, wholesale stationers, founded in 1829 in Paternoster Row, London, moved to no.
- Casting accuracy Terminal set-up is a simple paternoster with the bomb or feeder on a 6-inch link and the hook length about 3 feet.
- A simple two or three hook paternoster rig baited with rag or crab is the best way to approach this spot.
- Probably he was educated at the school attached to the monastery, and in his Testament he has drawn a lively picture of himself as a typical orchard-robbing boy, who had scant relish for matins, fought, and threw creed and paternoster at the cock.Advertisement
- On the mount of Olives are the Russian church, tower and hospice, near the chapel of the Ascension; the French Paternoster church; the Carmelite nunnery; and the Russian church of St Mary Magdalene, near Gethsemane.
- Paternoster Row, still occupied by booksellers, takes name from the sellers of prayer-books and writers of texts who collected under the shadow of St Paul's Cathedral.
- St Paul's churchyard was from the earliest days of printing until the end of the 18th century the headquarters of the book trade, when it shifted to Paternoster Row.