Paternalism sentence example
- There was the paternalism of a Frederick the Great in his encouragement of the silk industry, - "which all idle people ought to be made to work at," - in his encouragement of commerce through the newly acquired port of Marseilles and the opening up of market placed.
- To be sure it is not always easy to distinguish between legal moralism and moral paternalism.
- This rules out, among other things, conceptions of 'positive liberty ' that really involve paternalism.
- But the bans begun in the 1970s strike many Third Worlders as a particularly noxious example of Western paternalism.
- medical paternalism is being replaced by an emphasis on autonomy, with adequate information for patients to decide.Advertisement
- Richard Dimbleby's benevolent paternalism was set alongside the differing personalities of Michelmore and, to a greater extent, Whicker.
- More generally, we might accept what Feinberg called " soft paternalism.
- Moral vs. welfare paternalism The usual justification for paternalism refers to the interests of the person being interfered with.
- Publications 2) The forms and limits of enterprise paternalism.
- Others, such as Beauchamp and Childress, justify paternalism not through consent but solely by beneficence.Advertisement
- paternalism in medicine, but some people did need protecting.
- libertarian paternalism started life in a 2003 paper by two of America's most innovative economists, Cass Sunstein and Richard Thaler.
- Only they now have a sense of benign paternalism to any developing civilization.