Paternal-grandfather sentence example
- His paternal grandfather was a rich clothier of Wotton-under-Edge; on his mother's side he was connected with the noble family of the Poyntzes of Acton.
- I scan for the name of my paternal grandfather.
- Her paternal grandfather was M.
- His paternal grandfather was Sir Henry Cromwell of Hinchinbrook, a leading personage in Huntingdonshire, and grandson of Richard Williams, knighted by Henry VIII., nephew of Thomas Cromwell, earl of Essex, Henry VIII.'s minister, whose name he adopted.
- Their son, Richard William Curzon (1796-1870), who succeeded his paternal grandfather as Viscount Curzon in 1820, was created Earl Howe in 1821; he was succeeded by his son, George Augustus (1821-1876), and then by another son, Richard William (1822-1900), whose son Richard George Penn Curzon-Howe (b.Advertisement
- The princess of Anhalt-Zerbst was the daughter of Christian Albert, bishop of Lubeck, younger brother of Frederick IV., duke of Holstein-Gottorp, Peter's paternal grandfather.