Patently sentence example
- The claim that Muslims acted only in defense is patently untrue.
- This decision is so patently unjust that it has been very widely ascribed to a deliberate design to keep the two countries apart.
- This etymological study of Sumerian is attended with incalculable difficulties, because nearly all the Sumerian texts which we possess are written in an idiom which is quite evidently under the influence of Semitic. With the exception of some very ancient texts, the Sumerian literature, consisting largely of religious material such as hymns and incantations, shows a number of Semitic loanwords and grammatical Semitisms, and in many cases, although not always, is quite patently a translation of Semitic ideas by Semitic priests into the formal religious Sumerian language.
- Most were patently nothing to do with the effects of passing road traffic.
- Most experts agree that this story is patently false for two important reasons.Advertisement
- In the r i th tablet, Ut-Napishtim tells the famous story of the Babylonian flood, which is so patently attached to Gilgamesh in a most artificial manner.
- After 1864 Hall bore more than his fair share of the odium and condemnation which weighed so heavily upon the national Liberal party, making no attempt to repudiate responsibility and refraining altogether from attacking patently unscrupulous opponents.
- However it was patently obvious by then that it was daft to continue.
- Now you have your say... Is our choice patently ridiculous?
- The first and most obvious it is that is patently utter twaddle.Advertisement
- Observed behaviors in infants trying to express their anger or frustration usually include patently angry-sounding crying, kicking hands and feet, and possibly even trying to strike out.