Patch-up sentence example
- Or was it possible to patch up a compromise between them ?
- Once it is moved, all you need to do is patch up a few screw holes and paint over them.
- Most of the division indeed had to be used to patch up the weaker parts of the line, but Cathcart himself with about 400 men worked his way along the lower and steeper part of the eastern slope so as to take the assailants of the battery in flank.
- The business of a sound theology was to discover and apply those laws, not to patch up fleeting compromises with the intellectual fashions of an age.
- Fortunately the pope interfered for a moment to lighten the friction; being threatened with a new invasion by the emperor Frederick, he suspended the sentences and sent legates to patch up a peace.Advertisement
- and tried to patch up a peace with the dauphin, in order to unite all Frenchmen against the foreign invader.
- In Germany, during the 15th century, a brilliant attempt was made to patch up the flaws in Ptolemaic doctrine.
- They did not try to patch up an old suit with new cloth or pour new wine into old wineskins.