Pastured sentence example
- Of the 55 million sheep kept in Russia only about 15 millions belong to the fine merino breed, and these are pastured chiefly on the Black Sea steppes.
- Meadows were pastured rather than mown.
- The meadows are extensive and well watered, and are pastured by numerous flocks and herds.
- ii., though the name was properly restricted to " the plain " on the western bank of the river where the Bedouins pastured the flocks of their Babylonian masters.
- The soil of both islands is fertile, potatoes and barley being raised and cattle pastured.Advertisement
- Cattle and sheep are pastured in great numbers on its slopes.
- The destruction of its forests has led to the loss of all its alluvial soil, and now it is for the most part a brown and barren rock, covered at best with scanty aromatic scrub, pastured by sheep and goats.
- Herodotus continues that in his own day the Egyptians were unwilling to name these oppressors and preferred to call the pyramids after a shepherd named Philition, who pastured his flocks in their neighbourhood.
- Cattle and sheep were pastured on the common lands appertaining to the village, while pigs, which (especially in Kent) seem to have been very numerous, were kept in the woods.
- Of the neat cattle (7,042,635) almost 98%, and of the sheep (861,761) almost Too %, were in 1900 pastured wholly or in part upon the public domain.Advertisement
- On the high veld, where green herbage is found all the year round, large numbers of sheep and cattle are pastured.
- Buffalo and bunch, and other short native prairie grasses, very nutritious ranging food but unavailable as hay, once covered the plains and pastured immense herds of buffalo and other animals, but with increasing settlement they have given way generally to exotic bladed species, valuable alike for pasture and for hay, except in the western regions.
- These sheep are pastured in different districts in summer and winter.
- However, an animal that is raised organically is not always raised humanely, pastured, or free range.
- This means that the beef is pastured on all organic pasture and is not finished with grain at a feed lot.Advertisement
- The restaurant strives to serve only organic, wild, locally grown, and locally pastured food products.