Pasturages sentence example
- The other part comprehends inner Persis lying northwards; it enjoys a pleasant climate and has fertile and well-watered plains, gardens with trees of all kinds, rich pasturages and forests abounding with game; with the exception of the olive all fruits are produced in profusion, particularly the vine.
- The forest zone extends to about 10,500 ft., above which is the steeper alpine zone, in which pasturages alternate with rocks and crags.
- Thi; extends to a general height of about 15,000 ft., but in damp, sheltered valleys the pasturages extend some distance higher.
- The country, mountainous in its southern portion, possesses extensive forests, fertile valleys, producing rice, wheat and other grains in abundance, and rich pasturages.
- Of the total area 54.8% is occupied by arable land, 7% by meadows, 5.7% by pasturages, 1.2% by gardens, o.Advertisement
- In 1536 legislation for changing the method of general government and regulating common pasturages and public property caused extreme dissatisfaction, but for many years thereafter the form of control alternated between alcaldes selected by the inhabitants and annual governors appointed by the Council of the Indies.
- No researches are permitted in boroughs and villages or in forests, pasturages, &c., if it be considered that they would interfere with public convenience.
- Sirhan is continuous with the depression known as the Jauf, situated on the northern edge of the Nefud or Nafud, and the halfway station between Damascus and Hail; and it is possible that this depression continues eastward towards the Euphrates along a line a little north of the thirtieth parallel, where wells and pasturages are known to exist.
- Until a period comparatively recent, they were relatively numerous, and were driven in droves to the pasturages of the Severn and the neighbouring markets.
- Of its total area, 28.9% consists of Alpine pastures available during the summer months, 4.95% of lowland pasturages and 8.3% of meadows, while only 9.2% is arable.Advertisement
- Of the total area 49.4% is arable land, 34.2% is covered by fbrests, 6.2% by pasturages, while meadows occupy 5.8% and gardens 1.3%.
- In the spurs of the mountains there are rich pasturages, where goats, yaks, camels, sheep and cattle are reared.