Pastorates sentence example
- After short assistant pastorates at St Andrew's, Glasgow, and Bonhill, Dumbartonshire, he obtained a settled charge as minister of the important parish of St George's, Edinburgh.
- From 1830 to 1844 he was president of Illinois College, Jacksonville, Illinois, and subsequently filled pastorates at the Salem Street church, Boston (1844-1855), and the Congregational church at Galesburg, Illinois (1855-1871).
- He graduated at Bowdoin College in 1834, and subsequently held pastorates at Newark, New Jersey (1851-1857), and Georgetown, Massachusetts; and from 1870 to 1877 lived in Florida, where he was state superintendent of public instruction in 1871-1873.
- After holding pastorates at Burton-on-Trent (1856-1861), Surbiton (1862-1870), Leicester (1870-1876), he finally accepted the pastorate of the Congregational Church at Bowdon, Cheshire, in 1877, in which he remained till his death.
- The district conference of the Methodist Episcopal Church granted her a local preacher's licence, and she held pastorates at Hingham and East Dennis, Mass., remaining in the latter place seven years, until 1885.Advertisement
- The greater part of the pastorates comprise more than one parish.
- Having held pastorates at Shipley, Hackney, Manchester, Leicester and Cambridge, he became principal of Hackney Theological College, Hampstead, in 1901.
- In 1829, after short pastorates at Bedford (New Meeting) and Newport, Isle of Wight, he accepted a call to the historic Weigh House chapel, London.
- McCHEYNE, Robert Murray (1813-1843), Scottish divine, was born at Edinburgh on the 21st of May 1813, was educated at the University and at the Divinity Hall of his native city, and held pastorates at Larbert, near Falkirk, and Dundee.
- He entered the Congregational ministry and held pastorates at Bathgate, West Lothian and at Aberdeen.Advertisement
- Fixed term appointments most calls to ministers to serve pastorates are open ended.
- On this account it would be, I think, of great value to all our students who have pastorates.
- It would seem that with a wide range of vacant pastorates, there would be no difficulty in making the 'right ' introduction.
- All my churches have been open to my taking on work outside the local pastorates.
- However, the main reason for the regrouping was the belief that the new pastorates provided a better basis for mission within the District.Advertisement
- There has been a marked decline in single church pastorates which historically had been the prominent feature.
- Interim moderators, as the representatives of New Synods to vacant pastorates, also have a part to play in brokering settlements.