Pastoral epistles sentence example
- Philippians is thus the last extant letter we possess from Paul, unless some of the notes embedded in the pastoral epistles are to be dated subsequent to its composition.
- The Pastoral Epistles point to " the pattern of sound words, even the sayings of our Lord Jesus Christ."
- and the Muratorian canon, and, in the other, from the Pastoral Epistles.
- James, The Genuineness and Authorship of the Pastoral Epistles (1906).
- the Epistle of James, the first Epistle of Peter, the Acts of the Apostles and the Pastoral Epistles belong to a later age and reflect the customs of their own day rather than those of the primitive Church.Advertisement
- It is noteworthy that he refused to admit the genuineness of the Pastoral Epistles and said that the letter to the Ephesians was really addressed to the Laodiceans (Tertullian, Adv.
- 23 seq., 32 seq.) and which appears still more marked in the pastoral epistles and i John.
- Possibly the Pastoral Epistles show the same process.
- In the pastoral epistles the office seems to have become a permanent institution of the Church, and special qualifications are laid down for those who hold it (1 Tim.
- Now remember I told you that " godliness " is a key word in the pastoral epistles.Advertisement
- pastoral epistles.
- The work of the presbyter or bishop was concerned at first with discipline rather than with teaching, which was largely in the hands of the charismatic ministry; nevertheless, the Pastoral Epistles (r Tim.