Pasto sentence example
- The pasto duro is largely composed of the genera Stipa and Melica.
- The city was at one time an important commercial and mining centre, but much of its importance was lost through the transfer of trade to Cali and Pasto, through the decay of neighbouring mining industries, and through political disturbances.
- Wool is produced to some extent and is woven for the local market in the woollen factories of Pasto.
- There are woollen mills at Popayan and Pasto, and small cigar-making industries at Ambalema and Palmira.
- The volcanoes Campainero (12, 470 ft.) and Pasto (14,000 ft.) are also in that zone.Advertisement
- The great plains are covered with edible grasses, divided into two classes, pasto duro (hard grass) and pasto blando, or tierno (soft grass) - the former tall, coarse, nutritious and suitable for horses and cattle, and the latter tender grasses and herbs, including clovers, suitable for sheep and cattle.