Past-participle sentence example
- For the passive voice, a fi is used, with the past participle of the required verb.
- As in Provenal, the past participle of a large ntimber of verbs of the 2nd and 3rd conjugations is formed, not from the infinitive, but from the perfect (pogut, volgut, tingut suggest the perfects poch, volch, tinch, and not the infinitives poder, voler, tenir).
- The past participle of verbs in er was formerly isdo (u t u s) in most cases; at present ido serves for all verbs in er and Cr, except some ten or twelve in which the participle has retained the Latin form accented on the radical: dicho, hecho, visto, &c. It ought to be added that the past participle in normal Castilian derives its theme not from the perfect, but from the infinitive: habido, sabido, from haber, saber, not from hubo, supo.
- The main part is the ' third part ' of a verb, which is properly called the past participle.
- The teacher writes each past participle and each past simple onto separate pieces of paper as they elicit the correct form from the students.Advertisement
- Where there is no special Scots form, sometimes the English form has been included, eg be... past participle been.
- It is made up of the imperfect subjunctive of the auxiliary verbs followed by the past participle.