Passive-immunity sentence example
- The facts with regard to passive immunity were thus established and were put to practical application by the introduction of diphtheria antitoxin as a therapeutic agent in 1894.
- The laws of passive immunity were shown to hold also in the case of immunity against living organisms by R.
- The methods of active immunity have been practically applied in preventive inoculation against disease; those of passive immunity have given us serum therapeutics.
- The objective is to confer some passive immunity to the agent that causes PMWS at the pig's most susceptible age.
- It must be administered within 96 hours of exposure to chickenpox, and it results in a passive immunity against the disease for about three months.Advertisement
- This passive immunity fades over time and is less effective in children of immunized mothers than in children of mothers who had the measles.
- The second - passive immunity - is produced by the transference of a quantity of the serum of an animal actively immunized to a fresh animal; the term is applied because there is brought into play no active change in the tissues of the second animal.