Passionless sentence example
- That his temperament at the same time was frigid and comparatively passionless cannot be denied; but neither ought this to be imputed to him as a fault; hostile criticisms upon the grief for a father's death, that " was soothed by the conscious satisfaction that I had discharged all the duties of filial piety," seem somewhat out of place.
- " War " he says " is not, and never can be a mere passionless discharge of a painful duty.
- A man so passionless as Godwin could venture thus to argue without suspicion that he did so only to gratify his wayward desires.
- It was this very quality of passionless detachment that made him so effective an instrument of the Terror.
- The Muwahhidin (Unitarians), as the Druses call themselves, believe that there is one and only one God, indefinable, incomprehensible, ineffable, passionless.Advertisement
- passionless performance in something the fans treasure so much.
- and li., and in Greek literature the striking words which Porphyry quotes from an earlier writer, "We ought, then, having been united and made like to God, to offer our own conduct as a holy sacrifice to Him, the same being also a hymn and our salvation in passionless excellence of soul" (Euseb.