Passing-away sentence example
- Until that moment, she hadn't realized how much she missed passing away her nights playing her games!
- As the "last of the knights" he could not see that the old order of society was passing away and a new order arising, while he was.
- The steam produced in consequence of this heat transference from the furnace gas to the water carries heat to the cylinder, where 7 to II% is transformed into mechanical energy, the remainder passing away up the chimney with the exhaust steam.
- The " transcendental movement," which sprang out of German affiliations and produced as one of its results the well-known community of Brook Farm (1841-1847), under the leadership of Dr George Ripley, was a Massachusetts growth, and in passing away it left, instead of traces of an organization, a sentiment and an aspiration for higher thinking which gave Emerson his following.
- Luther himself looked for the passing away of the present evil world.Advertisement
- On the whole, the charm of the style is passing away.
- The periodical public festivals are exceedingly interesting, but many of the remarkable observances connected with them are passing away.
- The passing away of pain or suffering is said to depend on an emancipation.
- James shared to the full in the superstitions of the age which was quickly passing away.
- When one studies the history of Europe subject by subject, as indicated above, and not merely in a monastic chronicle of things in general, chosen according to the author's point of view, one sees the old-time framework passing away.Advertisement
- This was due not so much to the notorious corruption of the representative system as to the fact that it represented social and economic conditions that were rapidly passing away.
- It was suggested from without at a moment when the possibility of ever acquiring the shares was passing away.
- As the sum total of the wisdom propounded in the mystery of Agni, the searcher after truth is exhorted to meditate on that Self, made up of intelligence, endowed with a body of spirit, a form of light, and of an ethereal nature; holding sway over all the regions and pervading this All, being itself speechless and devoid of mental states; and by so doing he shall gain the assurance that "even as a grain of rice, or the smallest granule of millet, so is the golden Purusha in my heart; even as a smokeless light, it is greater than the sky, greater than the ether, greater than the earth, greater than all existing things; - that Self of the Spirit is my Self; on passing away from hence, I shall obtain that Self.
- Most virtual pets act the same way as their real life counterparts to the point of even getting sick and passing away.