Passes-out sentence example
- The pedicle passes out at right angles to the plane of junction of the valves of the shell; the opening is confined to the ventral valve, and may take the form of a slit, or may be closed by the development of a special plate called the listrium, or by a pseudo-deltidium.
- Ill-nourished, over-worked and, it may be, disappointed, he finds the struggle intolerable and so passes out into the darkness.
- Then it follows the Spree for 12 m., and at Gross Tranke (121 ft.) passes out and goes.
- At Canyon City it passes out of the Rockies through the Grand Canyon of the Arkansas; then turning eastward, and soon a turbid, shallow stream, depositing its mountain detritus, it flows with steadily lessening gradient and velocity in a broad, meandering bed across the prairies and lowlands of eastern Colorado, Kansas, Oklahoma and Arkansas, shifting its direction sharply to the south-east in central Kansas.
- It might appear, therefore, that sensible things had an objective existence in the mind of God; that an idea so soon as it passes out of our consciousness passes into that of God.Advertisement
- The Bororos of Brazil fancy that in that shape the soul of a sleeper passes out of the body during night-time, returning to him at his awakening.
- Beneath each cap, and near the upper end of the shaft, are a number of vertical slits through which the drainage water which rises passes out into the conduit or trench from which the irrigating streams originate.
- Thus as it passes out by the bronchial mucous membrane it increases the amount of secretion and so acts as an expectorant.
- 7, G) divides, and one of the daughter-nuclei passes out of the cell, and may enter the lowest (first) small cell.
- It is noteworthy that the problems of Hexateuchal criticism are gradually changing their character, as one after another of the main contentions of Biblical scholars regarding the date and authorship of the Hexateuch passes out of the list of debatable questions into that of acknowledged facts.Advertisement
- Translation Messenger RNA then passes out of the nucleus and travels to small structures called ribosomes in the cytoplasm.
- Some digestive processes are carried out in the bowel before food passes out of the body as waste.