Passes-down sentence example
- As the tube grows, the contents of the pollen grain - essentially genetic material - passes down the tube.
- It is this sword that he passes down to Frodo when his nephew accepts the role of Ring Bearer at the Council of Elrond in the first volume of The Lord of the Rings.
- The glass thus cools gradually as it passes down the tunnel and is thereby adequately annealed.
- The chain dips below the water, then rises into the furnace and passes down into the other trough on its way out.
- The American Fall is entirely within the state; but the Canadian boundary-line passes down the centre of the Horseshoe or Canadian Fall.Advertisement
- The nucleus then passes down the trichogyne and fuses with that of the egg.
- The air passes down through its regenerator, picking up the heat deposited there, and thereby having its temperature restored and its pressure raised.
- In angiosperms when the pollentube reaches the micropyle it passes down into the canal, and this portion of it increases considerably in size.