Passerby sentence example
- They are a sign that may fool a passerby or an intruder that someone is currently occupying the space, and the occupant is aware of the outsider's presence in the area.
- In some instances, these other-worldly creatures can be downright nasty, placing curses on passerby who inadvertently stumbles into their domain.
- To a casual passerby, glancing down from one of the slick new bridges on the Island Highway, nothing seems amiss.
- Cleopatra, the commanding Queen of the Nile, charmed men and bewildered passerby's with her mesmerizing beauty.
- In West Africa the Mpongwe believe in local spirits, just as do the Eskimo; but they are regarded as inoffensive in the main; true, the passerby must make some trifling offering as he nears their place of abode; but it is only occasionally that mischievous acts, such as the throwing down of a tree on a passer-by, are, in the view of the natives, perpetuated by the Ombuiri.Advertisement