Passed-up sentence example
- We almost passed up the case, thinking it was yet another teenager leaving home on her own.
- Helped by a strong south wind, the British war-ships passed up the straits and anchored off the Seven Towers.
- The Union gunboats, which had passed up the river toward Shreveport at high water, were caught in its decline above the falls at Alexandria, but they were saved by a splendid piece of engineering (a dam at the falls), constructed by Lieutenant-Colonel Joseph Bailey (1827-1867), who for this service received the thanks of Congress and the brevet of brigadier-general of volunteers.
- One of these trade routes passed up the Persian Gulf to Basra, and thence overland to Tripoli, for Mediterranean ports, and to Trebizond, for Constantinople.
- The other passed up the Red Sea to Suez, and thence to Alexandria, for Venice, Genoa and Ragusa.Advertisement
- He passed up to the front rows, not noticing anyone.
- Remember, however, that the versatility, cost-effectiveness, and ease of use and replacement of foam cushions should not be passed up simply because you feel that all foam cushions are alike.
- Any ski resort that does not offer a special area for learners and package deals geared toward beginners should be passed up for one that does.