Passe sentence example
- Don't think that sewing at home is passe.
- Jevons's work in logic went on par/ passe with his work in political economy.
- At a later period, pari passe with the spiritualization of the god, comes a refinement of the tastes attributed to him, and the finer parts of the sacrifice, finally it may be only its savour, are alone regarded as acceptable offerings.
- 3 Their revival has proceeded par' passe with that of the doctrines with which they have long since become associated.
- Editors seemed tc be incapable of rising above the dead level of political strife, anc their utterances were not relieved even by a semblance of fairness Readers turned away in disgust, and journal after journal passe out of existence.Advertisement
- development of theory has advanced poi passe with the demand for bridges of greater strength and span and of more complex design, and there is now little uncertainty in calculating the stresses in any of the types of structure now adopted.
- But the 19th century witnessed a great change, and Roman Catholic missions have been extended par' passe with Protestant.
- The Repeal Act, indeed, was only passed pari passe with another censuring the American assemblies, and declaring the authority of the British parliament over the colonies "in all cases whatsoever"; so that the House of Commons repudiated in the most formal manner the principle Pitt laid down.
- To him has also been ascribed the work, La generate et fidele Relation de tout ce qui s'est passe en l'isle de Re, envoyee par le roi a la royne sa mere (Paris, 1627).
- Neither did wee thinke much to consult the Translators or Commentators, Chaldee, Hebrewe, Syrian, Greeke, or Latine, no mor the Spanish, French, Italian or Dutch [German]; neither did we disdaine to reuise that which we had done, and to bring back to the anuill that which we had hammered: but hauing and vsing as great helpes as were needfull, and fearing no reproch for slownesse, nor coueting praise for expedition, wee haue at the length, through the good hand of the Lord vpon vs, brought the worke to that passe that you see."Advertisement
- See Grohmann, Das Obererzgebirge and seine Steidle (1903), and Schurtz, Die Passe des Erzgebirges (1891); also Daniel, Deutschland, vol.
- "On ne passe pas!" * cried a voice.
- By the sixties and seventies, describing space travel became as passe as describing driving a car.
- Reinhard, Passe and Strassen in den Schweizer Alpen (1903); and L.
- "Marchioly" in the burial register of Saint Paul naturally suggests indeed at first that the "ancien prisonnier" taken by Saint-Mars to the Bastille in 1698 was Mattioli, Saint-Mars himself, sometimes 1 Barbezieux to Saint-Mars, May To, 1694: "J'ai recu la lettre que vous avez pris la peine de m'ecrire le 29 du mois passe; vous pouvez, suivant que vous le proposez, faire mettre dans la prison voiltee le valet du prisonnier qui est mort."Advertisement