Passage-of-time sentence example
- From the water clocks of ancient Egypt and Babylon to the bedside alarm clocks of the late 1800s, humans have always been obsessed with marking the passage of time.
- One of the relations most commonly illustrated in this way is the time-relation; the passage of time being associated with the passage of a point along a straight line, so that equal intervals of time are represented by equal lengths.
- Soon afterward, their empire disintegrates, and over the passage of time Outer Mongolia becomes an aphorism for obscurity.
- With the passage of time and ale, the men grew friendlier and the buxom wenches lovelier - and tongues grew looser.
- The passage of time will grow the repository.Advertisement
- The video interview is entertaining and it 's tremendous to see how well the passage of time has treated Brandon and Barber.
- Nothing is going to change the passage of time.
- Vitamins that have passed their expiration dates do not immediately become toxic products, but their efficacy can be compromised by the passage of time.
- Burberry has proven itself a purveyor of the "instant classic"; that is, a piece that is so effortless, timeless and elegant that it becomes a part of fashion history's annals without the usual passage of time.
- However, the passage of time and the effects of Christian beliefs transformed this "good" female goddess into a witch and made the day of her worship an evil day.Advertisement
- Many types of scarification are done to mark the passage of time and important events in life.
- The completed tattoo can be read like the rings on a tree to tell the passage of time.
- Conversely, developments that can seem momentous as they unfold can come to be regarded as less so with the passage of time.
- The passage of time has hardly quelled interest in human reproductive cloning.
- The game works in somewhat real time, meaning that you need to wait for the natural passage of time before you can harvest your crops or sell your livestock.Advertisement
- tremendous to see how well the passage of time has treated Brandon and Barber.