Pass off sentence example
- Various arrangements have been proposed and patented for the continuous distillation of petroleum, in which crude oil is supplied to a range of stills as fast as the distillates pass off.
- The soil should be free and open, so that water may pass off readily.
- As little is idealism responsible for any attempt to pass off logical abstractions for concrete reality.
- is a definite attack upon the heathen Sibyl - the Jews and Christians did not attempt to pass off their "forgeries" as genuine - as the mouthpiece of Apollo by a Jew who speaks for the Great God and yet uses a Greek review (49114) of ancient history from the Assyrian empire.
- From this pass off two pairs of cords, the pleural and pedal, in Proneomenia separate from their origin, in Neomenia united at first and diverging at a pleural ganglion.Advertisement
- In the central and southern portions of the plateau the streams either flow into salt lakes, where their waters pass off by evaporation, or into freshwater lakes, which have no visible outlets.
- But although she resorted to all sorts of expedients, even to that of trying to pass off a changeling as the grand duke's child, she was not successful.
- It is not hard to see why the parties are keen to pass off these rather miserly concessions as the height of generosity.
- Those finer particles of the blood which become extremely rarefied during this process pass off in two directions - one portion, and the least important in the theory, to the organs of generation, the other portion to the cavities of the brain.
- Every morning she came in like that, and every morning prayed that the daily interview might pass off well.Advertisement
- Unscrupulous jewelers may pass off the total weight of the doublet as the weight of the stone and you will end up paying the opal's carat value for the total weight of the doublet, including the background stone or material.
- Some online businesses may try to pass off fakes as the real thing.
- Synthetic & Imitation Diamonds: Unscrupulous dealers may attempt to pass off artificial stones as diamonds to novice wholesale buyers.
- A "power seller" with a high rating is less likely to try and pass off a fake on you.
- Too real - In many cases, people who fake ghost videos don't do it for fun, but simply to pass off the video as a real ghost video either for attention, fame or for any number of other reasons.Advertisement
- Counterfeit (fake) shoes are replicas of the original shoe that the seller tries to pass off as the real thing, although it may be at a lower or seemingly discounted price.
- If you don't yet have the strength and poise to pass off a solid heel stretch, you may want to pass on the extension.