Pass-muster sentence example
- They may not sound very worthy of a glamorous evening out, but these scents pass muster because they blend light, fresh notes with others to create something energetic, bright and uplifting.
- Additionally, I'm not sure the firearm he used would pass muster with the licensing authorities.
- Neither reasons quite pass muster with the truancy team, who are impervious to weak excuses.
- Jennifer was a little sniffy about the party, unsure that the Tuckers really pass muster.
- Fans of basic, classic mascaras can rest assured that their beloved formulas will always have a place on drugstore walls, but even newfangled products created by trusted brands may pass muster with these consumers.Advertisement
- It's much more likely that your sports jacket-and-tie ensemble will pass muster than your T-shirt-and-jeans idea.
- While a pair of dark cotton pants may pass muster in dressy environments as a last resort, the same can't be said for, say, a polo shirt or a T-shirt.
- They are simply too elegant and rich in design (and often in fabric and color, too) to pass muster during the daylight hours.
- Shoes: Though everything from flats to heels can pass muster at the workplace, one classic shoe that no woman should be without is the black pump.
- A crisp cut in a trouser style is sharp and might even pass muster on Casual Friday at the office (check to make sure it's ok first, of course).Advertisement
- These are far too casual and even youthful looking to really pass muster on a dressy occasion.
- A rhinestone camo purse may teeter on the glamorous side, but unless it's completely covered in gleaming stones or employs the camouflage pattern very discreetly, chances are it won't pass muster at a truly dressy function.