Pasiphaë sentence example
- It was supposed to be the offspring of Pasiphae, the wife of Minos, and a snow-white bull, sent to Minos by Poseidon for sacrifice.
- Minos, instead of sacrificing' it, spared its life, and Poseidon, as a punishment, inspired Pasiphae with an unnatural passion for it.
- ARIADNE (in Greek mythology), was the daughter of Minos, king of Crete, and Pasiphae, the daughter of Helios the Sun-god.
- He was said to have built the labyrinth for Minos, to have made a wooden cow for Pasiphae and to have fashioned a bronze man who repelled the Argonauts.
- By his wife, Pasiphae, he was the father of Ariadne, Deucalion, Phaedra and others.Advertisement
- The name of his wife, Pasiphae ("the.
- IDOMENEUS, in Greek legend, son of Deucalion, grandson of Minos and Pasiphae, and king of Crete.
- A tragedy entitled Pasiphae, published in 1631, is probably not Theophiles, and is not included in his works, the standard modern edition of which is that of Alleaume in the Bibliotheque Elzevirienne (2 vols.
- Frazer both explain Pasiphae's monstrous union as a sacred ceremony (iepos yap,os), at which the queen of Cnossus was wedded to a bull-formed god, just as the wife of the iip X wv lwnXein in Athens was wedded to Dionysus.