Pascha sentence example
- An erroneous derivation of the word pascha from the Greek ircthx iv, " to suffer," thus connected with the sufferings or passion of the Lord, is given by some of the Fathers of the Church, as Irenaeus, Tertullian and others, who were ignorant of Hebrew.
- Elsewhere he talks of the " sacrament of faith," and " of the Resurrection," and " of human salvation," and " of the Pascha," and " of unction," and " of the body of Christ."
- They all in substance repeat Paul's account; but identify the night on which Jesus was betrayed with that of the Pascha.
- It emphasizes the fact that the Last Supper was the Pascha.
- Felkin (2 vols., London, 1898); Emin Pasha in Central Africa (London, 1888), a collection of Emin's papers contributed to scientific journals; and Mit Emin Pascha ins Herz von Afrika (Berlin, 1894), by Dr Franz Stuhlmann.Advertisement
- The fans won't be restricted to legalized brothels like the Pascha.