Parvati sentence example
- Two of such new gods actually pass as the sons of Siva and his consort Parvati, viz.
- 1199, was less intolerant of the Linga cult than Ramanuja, but seems rather to have aimed at a reconciliation of the Saiva and Vaishnava forms of worship. The Madhvas or Madhvacharis favour Krishna and his consort as their special objects of adoration, whilst images of Siva, Parvati, and their son Ganesa are, however, likewise admitted and worshipped in some of their temples, the most important of which is at Udipi in South Kanara, with eight monasteries connected with it.
- He is the son of Siva and Parvati.
- The name of the island and city of Bombay is derived from Mumba (a form of Parvati), the goddess of the Kolis, a race of husbandmen and fishermen who were the earliest known inhabitants, having occupied the island probably about the beginning of the Christian era.
- Another story is that six babes, miraculously conceived, were born of the six nymphs, and that Parvati, the wife of Siva, in her great affection for them, embraced the infants so closely that they became one, but preserved six faces, twelve arms, feet, eyes, &c. Kartikeya became the victor of giants and the leader of the armies of the gods.Advertisement
- For the first time in Survivor history, three females were left standing in the finale, with 25-year old Parvati Shallow taking home the $1 million prize.
- Parvati Shallow - This model/boxer/waitress/non-profit organizer made it to sixth place in Survivor: Cook Islands.
- As the alliance between the three ladies grew stronger, apparent leader of the pack Parvati gave the group the moniker "The Black Widow Alliance."
- Well, by the way they spun the men into their web, mostly by shameless flirting on Parvati's part.
- Parvati Shallow has been involved with the boxing charity "Knockouts for Girls" that provides boxing lessons and scholarships for girls.Advertisement
- Padma was born Padma Parvati Lakshmi, on September 1, 1970, in Madras, India.
- Parvati Shallow - Parvati is 27, from Los Angeles.
- After Erik won the immunity challenge, Cirie Fields, Parvati Shallow, Natalie Bolton, and Amanda Kimmel came up with an outrageous plan to keep all four women in the game, despite the immunity necklace around Erik's neck.
- Natalie convinced Erik to give her his immunity necklace to save face with the jury, and promised that she and Cirie would vote to eliminate Amanda or Parvati.
- JT wrote a note to accompany the idol, which instructed Russell to vote out Parvati and then join with the heroes after the merge.Advertisement
- This time he finished in third place, with Sandra Diaz-Twine winning, and Parvati Shallow coming in second place.
- In these works, almost invariably composed in the form of a colloquy, Siva, as a rule, in answer to questions asked by his consort Parvati, unfolds the mysteries of this occult creed.