Parturition sentence example
- following treatment parturition may be expected within a few hours.
- It may follow a diminished functional activity, as in the atrophying thymus gland' and in the muscle cells of the uterus after parturition.
- Viviparous parturition is known among the Caudata (Salamandra, Spelerpes fuscus), and the Apoda (Dermophis thomensis, Typhlonectes cornpressicauda); also in a little toad (Pseudophryne vivipara) recently discovered in German East Africa (41).
- oxytocin, for instance, is essential for parturition and lactation, and oxytocin released into the brain is important in reproductive behaviors.
- parturition in cattle.Advertisement
- ALYTES, the midwife toad, first discovered by P. Demours in 1741, on the border of a small pond in the Jardin des Plantes, in the very act of parturition which has rendered it famous, and described as Petit crapaud male accoucheur de sa femelle.
- The product can also be used to induce parturition in cattle.
- kin, sharp, quick, roeos, parturition) stimulate uterine action.