Partings sentence example
- from each other by their partings, but making together one great bed of from 25 to 40 ft.
- The partings together do not amount to more than 2 or 3 ft.
- These very thick seams are, however, rarely constant in character for any great distance, being found commonly to degenerate into carbonaceous shales, or to split up into thinner beds by the intercalation of shale bands or partings.
- The forty ancient counties, remnants of various historical groupings and partings, are occasionally bounded by rivers.
- The nature and extent of these operations vary with the character of the coal, which if hard and free from shale partings may be finished by simple screening into large and nut sizes and smaller slack or duff, with a final hand-picking to remove shale and dust from the larger sizes.Advertisement