Particularity sentence example
- particularity of place - and they are utterly inaccessible from inside a car or train.
- It is the question of the particularity or " this-ness " (haecceitas, as Duns Scotus afterwards named it) that embarrasses the Scholastics.
- Walkerdine ' s (1988) concerns about the rational actor in the state who transcends particularity and contingency are well known.
- But in Kinch's work, wider questions of oppression and ideology are in fact refracted through the lens of cultural particularity.
- Mr Lees noted with great particularity the aspect of the ' ripper's ' victim.Advertisement
- It has been supplemented by 70-odd extra pages of detail in an appendix to the main work, for those requiring more particularity.
- particularity time, where appropriate, preference is given to papers which reflect the particularities of each social and cultural system.
- particularity support good governance and democracy should also recognize the particularities of countries in conflict or post-conflict situations.
- Instead of the close protection from the outer air, the respirators, and the fancy diets of our fathers, the modern poitrinaire camps out in the open air in all weathers, is fed with solid food, and in his exercise and otherwise is ruled with minute particularity according to the indications of the clinical thermometer and other symptoms. The almost reckless reliance on climate, which, at Davos for instance, marked the transition from the older to the modern methods, has of late been sobered, and supplemented by more systematic attention to all that concerns the mode of life of the invalid.
- Yet the problem of the individual is really contained in this prior question; for determinate matter already involves particularity or this-ness.Advertisement
- rather than ethical; Clarke's view being that the apparently arbitrary particularity in the constitution of the cosmos is really only explicable by reference to creative free-will.
- It is not needful to describe the conditions of medieval chivalry with great particularity of detail.
- B. Formula to utilize The marketing cooperative has its own particularity.
- In " Truth," starting from the formula " the Ent (or existent) is, the Nonent (or non-existent) is not," Parmenides attempted to distinguish between the unity or universal element of nature and its variety or particularity, insisting upon the reality of its unity, which is therefore the object of knowledge, and upon the unreality of its variety, which is therefore the object, not of knowledge, but of opinion.