Particularistic sentence example
- But the particularistic sentiment continued to grow.
- The particularistic sentiment was still very strong, however, and in 1651 the union split into two confederations, one including the mainland towns, Providence and Warwick; the other, the island towns, Portsmouth and Newport.
- For while 1-8 was most probably a Jewish apocalyptical fragment and strongly particularistic, 9-17 is clearly universalist in character and is probably from the hand of our author.
- There followed an expression of nationalist and particularistic as opposed to ultramontane and also to German feeling, which undoubtedly was of supreme importance for the whole of the subsequent career of Huss.
- These conceptions break through the old particularistic idea of Yahweh and His religion at every point.Advertisement
- The "party" (though it was never regularly organized as such) was composed of statesrights, particularistic, individualistic and radical democratic elements;.
- An immigrant, Hamilton had no particularistic ties; he was by instinct a " continentalist " or federalist.