Partials sentence example
- The hum and the tierce in the chimed bell do not affect the initial sensation of pitch, despite the loudness of these partials.
- But we have to remember that with strings, pipes and instruments generally the fundamental tone is accompanied by overtones, called also " upper partials," and beating within the dissonance range may occur between these overtones.
- If we are to assume that the tones received by the ear are pure and free from partials, the loudness of the beattones would appear to show that Helmholtz's theory is not a complete account.
- In a true-harmonic bell, with the main partials in octaves, the pitch is about an octave below the nominal.
- old-style bells often have more accentuated upper partials than true-harmonic bells, giving a very clear sensation of pitch from a distance.Advertisement
- It has a slightly flat hum and a strong, very flat prime and has large doublets on all its important partials.
- inharmonic bell partials.
- intensity of the various partials, shown in the spectral plot above.
- For all partials except the nominal, the interval is given from the nominal of the bell.
- In bell founding these partials have acquired their own names of hum tone, prime, tierce, quint, and nominal.Advertisement
- Such things as root canals, crowns, dentures, partials, and bridges are considered major dentistry by some insurance providers and may be excluded from coverage.