Parterre sentence example
- Others of his plays are Blanche et Montcassin, ou les Venitiens (1798); and Germanicus (1816), the performance of which was the occasion of a disturbance in the parterre which threatened serious political complications.
- Of late years, however, more attention has been bestowed on arrangements of brilliant flowering plants with those of fine foliage, and the massing also of hardy early-blooming plants in parterre fashion has been very greatly extended.
- The garden includes formal parterre with old fashioned roses, well stocked traditional walled garden and attractive woodland walk.
- The large walled garden has been restored to its 18 th -century formal design and has a Victorian parterre and yew walk.
- Later additions include a restored Victorian parterre at the rear of the house.Advertisement
- In a couple of years time you will have enough small plants to make a beautiful edge to a path or make a parterre.
- On the East of the Castle a formal rose parterre is lined with small box hedges.
- The elaborate parterre of William III's time survived with minor alterations until the mid-eighteenth century.
- It has one of the finest Victorian gardens in Britain with a colorful parterre, statuary, walks, and views.
- Stepped up from this was a large parterre leading to distant gates.Advertisement
- The form of the box parterre, named the ' Dutch garden ' by the Carliles, has been kept.
- Marylyn has added an intriguing water parterre planted with flowering trees.
- The palace is surrounded by gardens and ornamental waters - to the north the Jardin de l'Orangerie, to the south the Jardin Anglais and the Parterre, between which extends the lake known as the Bassin des Carpes, containing carp in large numbers.
- The "Palais Royal," with its parterre and fountains, and the spacious public park are fine pleasure-grounds, whilst in the ravines that lead down to the sea cluster the houses of the poorer classes.