Parsnip sentence example
- But little can be done in the northern states except to prepare manure, and get sashes, tools, &c., in working order; but in sections of the country where there is little or no frost the hardier kinds of seeds and plants may be sown and planted, such as asparagus, cabbage, cauliflower, carrot, leek, lettuce, onion, parsnip, peas, spinach, turnip, &c. In any section where these seeds can be sown in open ground, it is an indication that hotbeds may be started for the sowing of such tender vegetables as tomatoes, egg and pepper plants, &c.; though, unless in the extreme southern states, hotbeds should not be started before the beginning or middle of February.
- Normal butyric acid or fermentation butyric acid is found in butter, as an hexyl ester in the oil of Heracleum giganteum and as an octyl ester in parsnip (Pastinaca sativa); it has also been noticed in the fluids of the flesh and in perspiration.
- Wherever the soil is dry and chalky the wild parsnip may be found.
- I've made the canapes, the bread sauce, the cranberry sauce and the parsnip mash.
- Using a channeling knife, carefully remove a long thin lace from around a peeled parsnip.Advertisement
- The cow parsnip Is one of the most common. growing by roadsides and on waste ground everywhere and flowering from June until late autumn.
- Giant Parsnip (Heracleum) - Umbelliferous perennials, mostly of gigantic growth, having huge spreading leaves and tall flower-stems, with umbelled clusters of small white flowers 1 foot or more across.