Parsis sentence example
- The title of Khan Bahadur is conferred by the British government on Mahommedans and also on Parsis.
- When the Parsis were first admitted into India, certain conditions were imposed upon them by the Hindus; among others they were not to eat beef, and they were to follow the Hindu custom of wearing a top-knot of hair.
- Old-fashioned Parsis in country districts still follow these customs. To uncover the head is looked upon as a sin; hence Parsis of both sexes always wear some head covering whether indoors or out.
- Country Parsis in villages wear a tight-fitting sleeveless bodice, and trousers of coloured cloth.
- Their interests are attended to by a delegate who is appointed by the Bombay Parsis and resides at Teheran.Advertisement
- The Parsis adore fire as the visible expression of Ahura-Mazda, the eternal principle of light and righteousness; the Brahmans worship it as divine and omniscient.'