Paroxysms sentence example
- When the treaty was discussed in parliament in December of the preceding year, though suffering from a severe attack of gout, he was carried down to the House, and in a speech of three hours' duration, interrupted more than once by paroxysms of pain, he strongly protested against its various conditions.
- The princess gave way to paroxysms of rage, in which she was guilty of acts of atrocious violence.
- Benign childhood epilepsy with occipital paroxysms: a 15-year prospective study.
- During the paroxysms, or even preceding them, certain sensory disturbances may be experienced, more especially affections of vision, such as ocular spectra, hemiopia, diplopia, &c. Gout, eyestrain and intestinal toxaemia have been put forward as causes of migraine, and Sir W.
- It is also useful in relieving the paroxysms of asthma.Advertisement
- paroxysms of ecstasy?
- Paul discriminates between the Spirit which during these paroxysms both talks and prays to God and the nous or understanding which informs a believer's psalm, teaching, revelation or prophesy, and renders them intelligible, edifying and profitable to the assembly.
- The news of Navarino betrayed Mahmud into one of those paroxysms of rage to which he was liable, and which on critical occasions were apt fatally to cloud his usual good sense.
- In fact, that's all they do: make that temperamental high-maintenance wine that either drives oenophiles into paroxysms of gushing giddiness or sinks them into sulking, despairing funks of ennui.
- The paroxysms (spasms) can be induced by over activity, feeding, crying, or even overhearing someone else cough.Advertisement
- The only other treatment is supportive and involves careful monitoring of fluids to prevent dehydration, rest in a quiet, dark room to decrease paroxysms, and suctioning of mucus from the lungs.
- Therefore a mother, passing from the chamber which has just witnessed her paroxysms of grief, will describe calmly to a strangerespecially a foreignerthe death of her only child.
- A long and fatiguing tour of inspection over the latest of his great public works, the Ladoga Canal, during the autumn of 1724, brought back another attack of his paroxysms, and he reached Petersburg too ill to rally again, though he showed himself in public as late as the 16th of January 1725.
- The result threw Clay into paroxysms of rage, and he violently complained that his friends always used him as their candidate when he was sure to be defeated, and betrayed him when he or any one could have been elected.
- Shaw: In your judgment, why does China have such paroxysms over the concept of human rights?Advertisement