Parotitis sentence example
- angular cheilitis and parotitis.
- Bacteria causing acute bacterial parotitis include: Staphylococcus aureus (historically the most common isolate ).
- The salivary glands are also called the parotid glands; therefore, mumps is sometimes referred to as an inflammation of the parotid glands (epidemic parotitis).
- Swelling of the salivary glands in the face (parotitis) generally occurs within 12 to 24 hours of the above symptoms.
- Encephalitis can occur during the parotitis stage or one to two weeks later.Advertisement
- About one-fourth of all post-pubertal males who contract mumps can develop a swelling of the scrotum (orchitis) about seven days after the parotitis stage.