Parodied sentence example
- Parodies may prove of service in restoring the form of what is parodied or this in restoring the parody.
- The classic story has been imitated, parodied and memorized by fans for years.
- Later artists parodied the excesses, producing religious kitsch loathsome to the austere Protestant ethic.
- The saint with a tile loose is a bit too sacred, I guess, to be parodied.
- "the Manifest [god]"; parodied Epimanes, " the mad"), who reigned 176-164.Advertisement
- Celebrity Jeopardy has often been parodied on Saturday Night Live.
- Princess Fiona has Time Slow, using the "bullet time" technique that was first popularized in the Matrix movies and parodied in the Shrek movie franchise.
- The very fact that Snuggies and the commercials for them have been parodied, and the parodies are viral hits, shows just how prominent a cultural phenomenon they are.
- In fact, this poem is said to be the most parodied in the English language.
- In 1990, Stiller was offered a 13-episode show on MTV, called The Ben Stiller Show, which parodied a variety of TV shows and films.Advertisement
- As president of the Pennsylvania Society for Promoting the Abolition of Slavery, Franklin signed a petition to Congress (12th February 1790) for immediate abolition of slavery, and six weeks later in his most brilliant manner parodied the attack on the petition made by James Jackson (1757-1806) of Georgia, taking off Jackson's quotations of Scripture with pretended texts from the Koran cited by a member of the Divan of Algiers in opposition to a petition asking for the prohibition of holding Christians in slavery.