Parkinson-s-disease sentence example
- The mainstay of treating Parkinson's disease is to replace dopamine in the brain.
- E's can contain toxic other chemicals like MPTP, a drug known to cause irreversible Parkinson's disease.
- The Guardian, Thursday 29 June Parkinson's disease is often misdiagnosed, according to new research.
- Levodopa, the metabolic precursor of dopamine, relieves the symptoms of Parkinson's disease presumably by being converted to dopamine in the brain.
- She had suffered various illnesses in recent years, including Parkinson's disease and died at her Connecticut home at 6pm British time yesterday.Advertisement
- Permanent makeup can also make wearing cosmetics easier for people with motor-impairments like arthritis or Parkinson's disease who may lack the coordination to put on their own makeup.
- Some long term users experience brain damage similar to Parkinson's Disease.
- Fox left his successful sitcom Spin City after announcing that he had Parkinson's Disease.
- The symptoms of Parkinson's disease include muscle contractions and stiffness.
- Bromocriptine-Also known as Parlodel, it is a dopamine receptor agonist used to treat galactorrhea by reducing levels of the hormone prolactin and is also used to treat Parkinson's disease.Advertisement
- Another study in 2003 found that people who had a history of a severe head injury were four times more likely to develop Parkinson's disease than the average population.
- The cause of most cases of Parkinson's disease is unknown, although genes have been found for some familial forms.
- Pallidotomy is a surgical procedure used to destroy part of the globus pallidus, which is thought to become overactive with certain disorders, such as Parkinson's disease.
- Transplantation of fetal cells into the basal ganglia has produced mixed results in Parkinson's disease and is being researched for application in other movement disorders.
- Levodopa (L-dopa)-A substance used in the treatment of Parkinson's disease.Advertisement
- Once in the brain, it is converted to dopamine and thus can replace the dopamine lost in Parkinson's disease.
- Drugs for Parkinson's Disease - any medications for Parkinsons disease react poorly to phenylalanine and prevent the drug from working.