Parings sentence example
- The Chateau of the duc de Luynes, the translator of the Meditations, was the home of a Cartesian club, that discussed the questions of automatism and of the composition of the sun from filings and parings, and rivalled Port Royal in its vivisections.
- The edges of the cakes invariably retain a considerable portion of oil; hence the soft edges are pared off, in the case of the oblong cake in a cakeparing machine, and the parings are returned to edge-runners, to be ground up and again pressed with fresh meal.
- John was picked to help take the vegetables parings over to the farm for pig swill.
- p their corners pared off by rubbing against each other; and two species of matter thus arise, - one consisting of small globules which continue their circular motion with a (centrifugal) tendency to fly off from the centre as they swing round the axis of rotation, while the other, consisting of the fine dust--the filings and parings of the original particles - gradually becoming finer and finer, and losing its velocity, tends (centripetally) to accumulate in the centre of the vortex, which has been gradually left free by the receding particles of globular matter.
- Think of classic parings like tomato, mozzarella and basil; fresh avocado mixed with diced tomatoes and garlic; or crunchy cabbage slaw with a vinaigrette dressing.Advertisement