Paresthesias sentence example
- Edema, joint swelling, arthralgias, myalgias and paresthesias may be clinical manifestations of fluid retention.
- Since then I have had flares which CNS symptoms including myelitis, extreme weakness and paresthesias in my legs.
- Sensations such as these, which occur without any associated stimulus, are called paresthesias.
- Other types of paresthesias include feelings of cold, warmth, burning, itching, and skin crawling.
- Paresthesias are caused by disturbances in the function of neurons in the sensory pathway.Advertisement
- Peripheral disturbances are the most common cause of paresthesias.
- Direct compression of the nerve also causes paresthesias.
- Paresthesias can also be caused by central nervous system disturbances, including stroke, transient ischemic attack (TIA), tumor, trauma, multiple sclerosis, or infection.
- Other symptoms may accompany paresthesias, depending on the type and severity of the nerve disturbance.
- A careful history of the affected individual is needed for a diagnosis of paresthesias.Advertisement
- Overdose of Vitamin B 6 is one of the causes of paresthesias.
- Treating the underlying disorder may reduce the occurrence of paresthesias.
- However, paresthesias resulting from damaged nerves may persist throughout or even beyond the recovery period.
- Preventing the underlying disorder may reduce the incidence of paresthesias.
- For those with frequent paresthesias caused by ischemia, changes in posture may help.Advertisement
- Vitamin supplements should be used with caution as an overdose of vitamin B 6 is one of the causes of paresthesias.