Pares sentence example
- In course of time there emerged from this presbyterial body a Primus inter pares, i.e.
- He takes precedence, Primus inter pares, of all the members, and is recognized as the official head of the Church during his term of office.
- The moderator has no special power or supremacy over his brethren, but is honoured and obeyed as Primus inter pares.
- The president or moderator of each church court was Primus inter pares.
- In the old times the grand-prince was simply primes inter pares among the minor princes, and these lived with their boyars almost on a footing of equality.Advertisement
- He is only Primus inter pares, and exercises no kind of superiority over the other abbots or congregations.
- The title is German emperor, not emperor of Germany, being intended to show that the Kaiser is but primus inter pares in a confederation o.f territorial sovereigns; his authority as territorial sovereign (Landesherr) extends over Prussia, not over GermaAy.
- The states retained their autonomy except in those matters which were expressly transferred to the imperial authorities; the princes retained their sovereignty; .the king of Prussia, though he now took the title of German emperor, was only primus inter pares; he was president of the confederation, but had no suzerainty over the other princes..
- All the great rivals of Abdalmalik having now disappeared, he was no longer like his predecessors primes inter pares, but dominus.
- The members of the governing body were styled :lures (jurati), pairs (pares) or echevins (scabini).Advertisement
- The two first of these were vested in the sovereign, who might be a woman, and who shared the legislative power with two chambers, the Camara dos Pares or House of Peers, and the Camara dos Deputados or House of Commons; these were collectively styled the Corks Geraes, or more briefly the Conies.
- Cassini, his son and his grandson were only primi inter pares.
- Alleluia, res Miranda, Pares forma, gaudeamus, transeamus.
- Bills were introduced to reduce the position of a bishop to well-nigh that of Primus inter pares; to place the power of veto in the congregation; to abolish -the canon law and to establish a presbytery it every parish.
- This system admits that the pope represents the unity of the Church, and acknowledges his primacy, but only in the sense that he is primus inter pares; while at the same time it claims on behalf of the bishops that, in virtue of the divine ordinance, they possess an inalienable right to a share in the government of the Church (see Episcopacy).Advertisement
- For the sacrificial system of H (= Law of Holiness) is less developed than that of P, and in particular shows no knowledge of the sinand trespass-offerings; the high priest is only Primus inter pares among his brethren, xxi.
- There are swim camps designed to help your child excel in each of these events and more, so knowing what you want to focus on pares down the field rather quickly.