Parentheses sentence example
- For each of these arenas, collect the number of points in parentheses.
- All feature the Electric Visual logo, which looks like a lightning bolt within a set of parentheses.
- The figures in parentheses indicate the entire ages assigned to the several patriarchs; these are generally the same in the three texts.
- Do not include the parentheses when entering the cheat code.
- You can use parentheses to override the normal precedence of operators.Advertisement
- Taxon lists show number of differences from specimen in parentheses.
- For instance, if Wine Spectator awarded the score, then following the number you will see (WS) in parentheses.
- In a world that has been using the written word for millennia, it is astonishing that only in the last decade of digital communication has the combination of a colon and right parentheses gained the status of an expression.
- The two volumes of his speeches, as edited by James Redpath, were fortunately made from verbatim reports, and they wisely enclose in parentheses those indications of favour or dissent from the audience which transformed so many of his speeches into exhibitions of gladiatorial skill.
- To do this, place Miss, Mrs., Ms. in parentheses before their name.Advertisement
- In the problems of celestial mechanics the angles within the parentheses are represented by sums or differences of multiples of the mean longitudes of the planets as they move round their orbits.
- The percentage of each activity in nontruant children is given in parentheses for comparison.
- All of the parts of a theme are created using sophisticated CSS and HTML tags, and that means that a misplaced comma, semicolon, or parentheses can wreak havoc on your WordPress blog.
- Although flowers growing on the ground or on shrubs are not conspicuous for number or beauty, there arc many fine flowering trees, such as Poinciana regia, presenting a mass of scarlet flowers; 1 The words in parentheses are the native Malagasy names.
- Other letters of Cicero, especially those written to persons with whom he was not quite at his ease or those meant for circulation, are composed in his elaborate style with long periods, parentheses and other devices for obscuring thought.Advertisement