Parenteral sentence example
- Total parenteral nutrition: Often requires the addition of unlicensed medicines by pharmacists.
- NNT 35 (21 to 112) Low umbilical artery pH 6 / 2034 14% with epidural, 17% with parenteral opioid.
- parenteral opioid.
- parenteral opioids cause delayed gastric emptying, which may already have been impeded by labor itself.
- parenteral nutrition.Advertisement
- parenteral feeding, for instance?
- parenteral electronic drug administration.
- Children who cannot or will not eat, or who are unable to absorb nutrients taken by mouth, may be fed intravenously (parenteral nutrition) or through a tube inserted into the gastrointestinal tract (enteral nutrition).
- In extremely severe cases the child may require parenteral nutrition, which is a liquid food given intravenously.
- Parenteral nutrition is also known as hyperalimentation.Advertisement
- Tube feedings into the gastrointestinal tract (enteral nutrition) are discontinued, and tube feedings into the veins (parenteral nutrition) are used instead until the condition has resolved.
- In very small or sick premature infants, the risk for necrotizing enterocolitis may be diminished by beginning parenteral nutrition and delaying enteral feedings for several days to weeks.
- Parenteral nutrition-Liquid nutrition usually provided intravenously.
- Gastrostomy tube-A tube that is inserted through a small incision in the abdominal wall and that extends through the stomach wall into the stomach for the purpose of introducing parenteral feedings.
- If an infant is unable to nurse normally before surgery can be performed, nutrition is provided intravenously (parenteral) or directly through a tube into the stomach (gastronomy).Advertisement
- Approximately 23% of patient in ICU receive intravenous (parenteral) feeding.