Pared sentence example
- The ground is to be pared and burnt, and unslacked lime must be added to the ashes.
- The minimalist look is a pared down look.
- The stock is headed off by an oblique transverse cut as shown at a, a slice is then pared off the side as at b, and on the face of this a tongue or notch is made, the cut being in a downward direction; the scion c is pared off in a similar way by a single clean sharp cut, and this is notched or tongued in the opposite direction as the figure indicates; the two are then fitted together as shown at d, so that the inner bark of each may come in contact at least on one side, and then tied round with damp soft bast as at e; next some grafting clay is taken on the forefinger and pushed down on each side so as to fill out the space between the top of the stock and the graft, and a portion is also rubbed over the ligatures on the side where the graft is placed, a handful of the clay is then taken, flattened out, and rolled closely round the whole point of junction, being finished off to a tapering form both above and below, as shown by the dotted line f.
- He worked to apply a means test, pared the rolls back, then died; the rolls swelled again, and his successor again tried to bring them in line, but it was hard.
- The difficulty has been pared down, but the fun is certainly there.Advertisement
- Gone was the extra-large, poofy hair; in its place were shiny, pared down locks that suggested it was time to leave the signature '80s looks in the dust for good.
- These tattoos tend to be on the medium-to-larger side simply because of the detail, but they can be pared down to just the silhouette of a woman's face with the word "Virgo" underneath for something smaller and more discreet.
- After being pared off the turf is allowed to dry for a fortnight or so and is then placed in small heaps a yard or two wide at the base, a little straw or wood being put in the middle of each heap, which is then lighted.
- Their reddish-brown skin has been com pared in hue to tarnished copper.
- The parts are, however, sometimes so small that the tongue of the graft is dispensed with, and the two stems simply pared smooth and bound together.Advertisement
- The edges of the cakes invariably retain a considerable portion of oil; hence the soft edges are pared off, in the case of the oblong cake in a cakeparing machine, and the parings are returned to edge-runners, to be ground up and again pressed with fresh meal.
- I have pared the devil's nails forty times, roasted them in raven's eggs, and cured agues with them.
- Already at creation, the land was being pre- pared for the covenant.
- The results will be com pared with that obtained from cross-sectional TEM.
- White Line Separation Sheep with toe abscesses should be carefully pared along the white line, and this will usually reveal a dark mark.Advertisement
- But we could not find anyone in authority who was pre pared to listen to us.